Ok, so I know I have failed miserably at being a "good blogger". I haven't posted a new picture of Lucas in almost 2 months but here are my excuses as to why I haven't: 1) Our computer is not accepting memory cards right now (its true I swear!!) 2) I'm lazy and forgetful (not necessarily in that order 3) I've been so busy pulling Lucas off of things, out of things, and down from things that I've barely had time to even try!! (that's pretty close to the real reason!!)
He has changed SOO much in the last 2 months it is unbelievable! I wish you could all see him in person as he has the most delightful personality and is a GO-GETTER!!! He apparently has decided to skip all that boring babyhood stuff and try to become a "big boy" as soon as possible. He will be 8 months old on Sunday but acts so much older. I remember that at one point we fretted because he seemed to have trouble rolling over. Little did I know that he was faking me out!
Now, Lucas can not only crawl (faster than some people walk!) but he pulls up on things, recently figured out how to climb stairs, can grab the edge of a table or chair and lean down to pick up whatever he wants. He is NOT afraid of very many things and fearlessly treads where no baby ever should (i.e. our second story balcony with the open railing) Even with a baby gate up, he manages to get into the one thing in whatever room we are in that I have not managed to babyproof. Lately he even surprised us by pushing toys across the room - walking them across! I was so shocked, but it is his biggest accomplishment this week.
He LOVES to get into his big sisters' rooms and see what treasures await him there. Even with a 5 pillow high"blockade", he barrels on through - he just really loves it in there! He has been banned many times, but apparently he thinks Caitlin is just kidding!
He has a beautiful 4 tooth smile, but the top two are not his two front teeth, but the ones beside them! SO he is our resident walrus/vampire depending on who you ask. When those gorgeous blue eyes light up and twinkle as he smiles, you quickly forget about his somewhat cheesy little grin. He has won the hearts of everyone he meets.
I will get pictures up in the next couple of days so that you can all see how much Lucas has grown!
No comments:
Post a Comment